The Amazing Marble Rocks of Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh

If you are really looking forward to have a look at something different such as natural rock formations then you can head to the marble rocks at Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh, India. These are natural marble rocks that you can see on both sides of the mighty Narmada River which is about 400 feet at its deepest point in this region. You start your tour on a dinghy paddle boat driven by a single boat man. Each boat can accommodate about 6 people. The marble rocks that you see are not the Makrana type marble that you see on the Taj Mahal. These rocks are little softer than the Makrana marble. Apart from the normal white color that you expect to see in marble, you can also see some rocks having a pink or a yellow tinge. The backdrop of the marble rocks has been used in many Indian films as it serves a perfect setting for romantic songs.

It is best to leave your hotel late afternoon at around 4 pm. In an hours time you will reach the boat point. Around the boat point you will see a lot of shops where workmen are working to make beautiful pieces of art by artfully chiseling the marble. However you can leave the shopping for the later stages as you want to see the marble rocks in daylight incense waterfall
. The calm Narmada river flows in the middle at the base of the rocks and your boat look very tiny against the whole backdrop of the mighty Narmada river and the rocks that tower from the side to at least 250 feet towards the skies.

On a full moon night you can also take the boat ride after 8 pm where you can marvel at the rocks that seem to glitter because of moonlight. Your boatman doubles up as a tourist guide and shows you the formations, many of which look like different animals. He may tell you to guess an animal’s name by pointing to a rock. You will have to visualize as to which animal the rock best resembles and then tell the boatman your answer. Up the river you can see a big waterfall called the Dhaundhar falls. This waterfall has often been described as the Niagara of India though its not as big as the Niagara. But the sound of the mighty Narmada falling sharply from the rocks is deafening. An interesting sight here is a local person who claims to dive right into the river from atop the viewing point for a mere 1 dollar. He simply looks towards the sky and then jumps in the river without any protective equipment, leave alone his clothes. Have you been diagnosed with high cholesterol? What is cholesterol anyway and what are statin drugs? Cholesterol is a soft white waxy substance that is found in every cell in your body. At least it should be. Cholesterol is used to produce hormones, cell membranes, bile acids, vitamin D and so much more. 75% of your cholesterol is made by your liver, the other 25% comes from the foods, or so called foods that we eat.

Statin drugs are the life saving, doctor recommended, universal panacea for the fear induced high cholesterol myth. It is a myth you know? High cholesterol is a universal scare tactic.

Somewhere around 25% of the cholesterol in your body is found in your brain. Bet you didn’t know that. According to the experts, there is good cholesterol and bad cholesterol. I know you have heard of HDL (high density lipoprotein) and LDL (low density lipoproteins). You may even have heard of MDL and VLDL too, (medium density and very low density lipoproteins).

HDL helps prevent heart disease by keeping cholesterol away from your arteries. HDL also helps to remove arterial plaque. LDL, on the other hand, can build up in your arteries and form plaque, just the opposite of HDL. This can create a clot and or obstruction to your heart and or brain causing a heart attack or stroke. I’m sure I don’t need to mention that this is not a good thing.

Statin drugs are the life extending, pharmaceutical wonder drugs designed to protect us from the extreme dangers associated with the dreaded high cholesterol diagnosis. But, are statins really the magical miracle wonder drugs they are so highly exaggerated to be? Hmmmmm. Please continue reading.

Did you know that the drug companies sell a little over $30 billion dollars worth of cholesterol lowering, statin drugs every year? Statins are the pharmaceutical companies answer for getting your high cholesterol levels under control. They really go overboard with their dramatic, fear incensed scare tactics. They need to sell the emotion. That’s a lot of money, I mean, profits.

Statin drugs must be some sort of essential God forgot to include when He designed our original metabolic anatomy. It seems God has made quite a few mistakes when you consider the amount of chemical laced pharmaceuticals our bodies seem to need. He must have gotten distracted or something. I’m sure Jesus was a handful. Did you also know that only a very small percentage of people taking high cholesterol, statin drugs actually need them?

Leave a Comment